- 32 digital inputs for the voltage range -3 ... 32 VDC
- 32 digital outputs with external supply for 18... 32 VDC and up to 500 mA per output
- Optical isolation of all inputs and outputs
Short circuit protection also resists permanent short circuits for all outputs
- Error detection of outputs is integrated
- Overvoltage protection of inputs
The VME-DIO32 provides 32 opto-isolated digital IO channels. Each channel can be set and read out via the VME interface. The IOs and the power supply are connected via the P2 connector of the board.
The 32 digital IO channels are arranged in 4 groups of 8 IO channels each, whereby each group must be supplied with power independently. These 4 groups are galvanically isolated from the VME system and from each other.
The digital output channels use an intelligent high-side power switch and allow an operating voltage range of 18 VDC to 32 VDC with a nominal voltage of 24 VDC. The nominal current per channel is 500 mA.
The VME-DIO32 has three status LEDs to indicate the VME activity (yellow) and green and red to indicate the power good of the output channels combined for all groups.
Each of the 32 IO channels is represented by one green and one red LED. All LEDs are located on the front panel.
The green LEDs indicate the input status of the respective channel, while the red LEDs signal an output short circuit or an overtemperature protection shutdown of the individual channels.
- The VME-DIO32-L (V.1607.05) was developed as successor for the VME-DPIO32/63140 (V.1607.04) board developed and distributed by setod
- Compatibility in terms of design and interfaces is ensured, however the range of functions is reduced. Counters, PWM operations and the generation of interrupts are not supported
P2 is pin-compatible with the VME-DPIO32/63140
Transparent reading and writing of all IOs
- VME addressing as A24 slave and D16/D08(EO)
- The P2 adapter VME-DPIO32-P2VCC can be used to feed in the power supply for the output groups of one VME slot
- The P2 adapter VME-DPIO32-P2VCC-3X connects 3 VME slots side by side to external power and is a cost-effective alternative
- Please also have a look at the bottom of the page in the section Ordering items and accessories
- The VME-DIO32-C was developed as replacement for the JanzTec VDOT-32. The P2 and the VMEbus interface are compatible. The newly developed board offers a reduced range of functions. Advanced functions like PWM, counter or interrupt generation are not supported.
- Transparent reading and writing of I/Os.
- VME addressing as A16 slave and D08(O) mode